Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Litterbug

Another pet peeve of mine it is people who litter. When I was on my mission, as part of our community service, we picked up litter off the side of the road. It was interesting to see the kind of litter that people throw out. I would say that probably 80% of the litter we picked up was beer cans or bottles, and cigarette butts and packages. The other 20% consisted of mostly fast food packaging, wrappers, sacks, cups and straws. This tells me something about the type of people who litter. I think it would be interesting to do a scientific study about the type of people who litter. It is my hypothesis that these people have a lower intelligence quotient than the general population. I have never understood why anyone would want to litter. It is not difficult to wait to throw your garbage away until you get home or to a garbage can. People who litter show blatant disrespect and disregard for others, and the planet Earth. That's my two cents.

4 comments:

  1. Littering has always been a pet peeve of mine also. Very disrespectful to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I especially can't stand cigarette smokers. Why is it that they don't consider their cigarette butts litter?

    ReplyDelete