Friday, November 21, 2008

The Eye of the Beholder

When I'm out in public I notice people staring at me, and occasionally making comments under their breath. I'm sure they are thinking, I am glad I am not her. Or, possibly feeling sorry for me, because of a very visible trial I have been given. The funny thing about that is, I am looking at them and thinking, I am glad I am not them. Because I have the Gospel, I understand that my physical handicaps are temporary. One day, I will be resurrected in perfect form. Alma 11:44 "Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil." So, the people that I see staring at me, who don't have the Gospel, or who don't live the gospel, have it much worse than I do.

3 comments:

  1. I like this post. You are an inspiration Tam. I have always looked to you for spiritual strength and there is a reason for that. I have met only a few people in my life that I call "Spiritual Powerhouses", and you are on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to what mike said. i also look up to you and always have. you have been the rock in our family and always will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rock, what's up? It is so good to see your expressions on your blog. We all look forward to hear what you have to say. Thank you for bringing this family together even closer than it was!

    ReplyDelete