Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

On this Thanksgiving day I would like to express my gratitude for two things, without which, I wouldn't be here today.

The first, is my family. It is because of their love, prayers, and efforts that I'm alive. When I was given only hours to live, my family rushed to my side from three different states, and stayed with me in the hospital for several months, while I recovered. We are a very close family, and I know I can count on them for any help that I might need.

The second, is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my knowledge of the plan of salvation, and my membership in the true Church of Jesus Christ that buoys me up and helps me make it through rough times.

For these two things, I am most thankful.

Psalm 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    I wanted to let you know just how thankful we are that you decided to come back from death to comfort those that love you so much. It must have been hard to be in the kingdom of the Lord, and return to such a wicked world. As you well know, you are so loved by all of your family and friends, far and near. Now let us celebrate a wonderful holiday that our forefathers set forth for us, and honor the pilgram's that made all of this possible. We are enjoying your Blog so much Tam, and I think I'm having as much fun with it as you are. Love you Sweetie, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good you were able to stay up a couple extra hours to hang with everyone today. It's fun having everyone together.

    ReplyDelete