Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Demolition Derby

I had a doctor's appointment today with a new doctor. I had to cancel my last appointment last week because of snow. So I didn't want to cancel again, regardless of the flooding we've been having today. We saw at least three or four signs on the road that said water on road. We had to drive through several patches of deep water. But we got there okay. Anyway he seems like a nice doctor so that was cool. Then I had to get some blood tests which wasn't cool. They seem to have a hard time finding my veins now. After poking and prodding my hand she finally gave up and tried my antecubital fossa. Anyway, they finally got my blood. I am such a baby when it comes to getting poked and people taking my blood. I have no problem doing that to other people :-) I'm weird that way. I've scrubbed into numerous surgeries and they don't bother me in the least, I gave blood once and passed out :-) go figure. Anyway, it has been raining very hard all day, as a matter of fact, since midnight we have received 1.94 inches of rain according to our weather station. Since we've had this weather station, approximately 1 year, we have never received 1 inch of rain in a day. Needless to say, people are being told to evacuate. Thankfully, we live on a hill so we won't be affected. My brother just received a call from the city telling them to evacuate. Everybody in Orting in the Valley has been told to evacuate. Well, that really has nothing to do with the reason I started this blog post today, which was to tell you about what happened after we got home from the doctor's office. Apparently, all that driving on bumpy roads and such, jarred the wire loose on the button on my wheelchair. Unbeknownst to me. So it's been raining really hard and I was trying to get into the house fast so I wouldn't get my hair wet. Anyway, when I tried to stop to go slowly into the house I crashed into the door and my wheels kept spinning as my button did not stop the wheelchair. It ripped the molding off the wall and ripped half the door off. Boy, the craftsmanship nowadays is wonderful. Luckily, I ran into the door instead of falling off the sidewalk or cliff and tipping over, which very easily could have happened. I finally figured out that the wire probably came loose and had to be plugged back into the computer on my wheelchair. Which was an easy fix.but, a little too late to prevent major damage to the house. I don't know how my feet or legs fared, hopefully I didn't break my feet or legs :-) anyway, that's my adventure for the day.

3 comments:

  1. That is a scary situation. I guess it is good that you crashed into the door rather than off the cliff. Too bad the cheap craftsmanship couldn't withstand the impact and your house is now destroyed. Hopefully you won't discover any injuries to your legs or feet.
    I'm glad you were finally able to make it to the doctor and that he seems to be a decent one. That's good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy tam, that is pretty scary! i am glad you are ok. sounds like quite the fiasco today to get to your dr's appt in the first place. hope you are ok. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about all the craziness today T. Hopefully your legs and feet are a ok. At least the house and not you was the only downfall. Glad you like the new doc. Love you!

    ReplyDelete