Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Embryonic Stem Cell Research

It seems like over the past few weeks Korihor, a.k.a. Obama, has basically erased all of the work President Bush did during his administration. For instance, yesterday, Obama removed the ban on using federal monies for embryonic stem cell research. Which now opens the door, and allows our tax dollars to be used for what I believe is unethical and immoral research.

You might be thinking that I would be happy about this because I could potentially benefit greatly from embryonic stem cell research. Quite the contrary, I do not believe in destroying one life to potentially benefit another. Who can say one life is more valuable than another? Just because one life is only five days old and perhaps only 32 cells, does that make it worth any less than another human being? I think not. It is not right to destroy human life no matter what stage it is in. We all began as embryos. Given the right environment and enough time those embryos will develop into full term babies.

My tax dollars should not be funding something that I believe is morally wrong.

That's my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about the stem cell research. I agree with what you said though. You don't end one life to experiment on another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was waiting for this post today tam. i knew you were going to talk about it:) anyway, yes, i agree with you, embryo's are lives i don't care what people say!

    ReplyDelete