Monday, April 21, 2014

Random Pictures from the Past -- Juliet part two

okay this will be part two of my Juliet file.  :-) Some of these pictures look like they might be duplicates of those already posted but if they are, they are in the file twice.  Because this is the second half of the file.  So hopefully it won't seem too redundant.  I will try to narrate as much as I can remember about each picture :-)

this is Juliet, me, and Juliet's friend from college, Karen.  This was taken at Knotts Berry Farm.  If I recall correctly, this is the picture that they take of you at the entrance and hope you will buy later.  I think we bought it :-)

We normally wouldn't waste our money on those kind of gimmicks but we must've thought we looked great and couldn't resist :-)

the filename said this was December 2001.  Sounds about right to me.

I believe the name of this ride was ghost rider.  This was one of those automatic pictures they take on the roller coaster and hope you will buy later.  Once again, we bought it :-)

Juliet and Karen in the front.  Me in the back as a single rider :-) hey, I have no shame in being a single rider :-) looks like I'm having more fun than anyone.  Notice that I'm the only one raising my arms.  :-)

I love Knotts Berry Farm!  If I had to choose, it was probably my favorite theme park.  Love the supreme scream!  Remember Archie Bunkering it, Michael?  And then the next time we got brave enough to let go completely and raise our arms?  Oh, the memories.

Remember the water ride, Michael?  You and I got soaked and screamed, "wet people have more fun".  I think some lady died on that ride and they took it out.  It's a shame because it was so much fun.

I could go on and on with stories but moving on...

juliet licking one of the cake topping things from her Scooby-Doo birthday cake that I bought her.

okay this would be in Cedar city Utah at the hotel where we stayed when dad carried the Olympic torch.  This was February 2002 I believe.  Juliet and I took Lisa's kids swimming in the hotel pool.
Richie, Juliet, Mercedes

me and Richie -- bottom left
Mercedes and Juliet -- top

what a sweet picture :-)
look how happy they both are :-)

Juliet and Richie -- Mercedes and me

I think we were racing.  Looks like Mercedes and I have the lead :-)


Mercedes with Aunt Juliet

Derrinda, Mercedes, Michael
Juliet
party stance :-) -- inside joke

Aunt Derrinda, Mercedes, Aunt Juliet

another cute picture :-)



it's hard to believe those two cute little kids are teenagers now!  This doesn't seem that long ago to me.

Juliet talking on the phone at 192!
Gotta love 192!

Juliet holding Mercedes

okay this picture is stamped 2/2/02 so this was when we were flying from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City to see dad carried the Olympic torch.



this was flying back to Los Angeles on 2/8/02 -- I looked at the date stamp on the picture :-)

apparently Juliet and I were first and second to board the flight.  I don't know how that happened -- maybe Juliet's good luck.  Heaven knows it wasn't my luck.  :-) For some reason Juliet has always had good luck.  I wish some of it would have rubbed off on me :-) notice she is number one and I am number two :-) figures.


I don't know what this picture is doing in Juliet's file when obviously I cropped her out of it :-)

sticker pictures!  We used to have a lot of fun getting these sticker pictures at the mall and stuff.
I like the bottom right the best :-)

I think I might have put this one here already before.  I can't remember.
Juliet, Michael, me

I'm not sure if I already put these pictures on here orif they are just similar but hopefully it's not too redundant.


ditto.

I loved those white go-go boots.  Quick story -- Juliet and I went to a multi-stake fireside in Irvine California -- I'm not sure if this picture was taken that day or not.  But anyway, one of the girls there -- it was a young single adult fireside -- complimented me on my white go-go boots and told me that she wished she could pull off wearing them.  I'm not quite sure what she meant by that but I thanked her and took it as a compliment :-).

I think these pictures are a little different than the ones that post before but maybe not.  :-)

I don't think our heads were cut off before :-)

check out our "American-made" legs :-)

this was Juliet's birthday dinner.  Apparently noel celebrated with us.  I don't remember what I ordered but I remember this restaurant had peanut shells all over the floor and I remember the strawberry lemonade in a mason jar.  :-)


this must've been around Christmas time -- notice the Christmas cards on the door.

I'm sporting my vinyl snakeskin patterned pants :-)

FYI -- vinyl pants are not the most comfortable things to wear.  But hey, sometimes you have to sacrifice a little for fashion :-)

Juliet in our Downey apartment.  Eating at the kitchen table :-) strangely enough, I don't remember where the kitchen table came from.  Do you remember, Juliet?

Juliet on the Hollywood walk of fame.  Strategically putting her foot over the first name of an actress.

this concludes my Juliet file pictures.

I'm sure I'll be posting more family pictures from the past in the near future.  :-) Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. That was probably one of the first times my kid were in a big swimming pool. It's hard to believe they swim like fish now...and I still can't.
    Man, you and Juliet had "smooth" (say it like Mr. Furley) skin!!!

    It's fun to see the pictures from the past. Like you said, it seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Christmas...(family joke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table was mine I think.maybe from when I lived in Colorado. Sure looks familiar. I know I was noticing our porcelain skin as well!!

    ReplyDelete