Saturday, April 26, 2014

"There's Nothing I Can Do about It"

this post is for Lisa.  :-) I found these pictures on my computer and I know Lisa will get a kick out of them :-)

"there's nothing I can do about it"-- Grandpa Al

This is the closest picture I have to match that quote.  If it just would have been a little bit wider.  We could have got the finger tapping intact :-)

gramp & gram

Okay I guess I should tell the story.  One day while we were on vacation in California to visit my paternal grandparents so my dad could help haul hay on the ranch --as was our only vacation every year during my childhood-- our family went to visit gram and gramp in the Oaks :-).  Just down the hill from High Valley. 

 Anyway, every time we went there gram and gramp were always sitting in the same spot.  Gram in the chair and Gramp on the couch with his left arm on the armrest.  As we were approaching the sliding glass door of the trailer -- we heard Gram tell gramp, "Mike and his family are here" and gramp's reply was, "there's nothing I can do about it".  :-) That sure made us feel welcome :-)

We always knew when we wore out our welcome because Gramp would start tapping his fingers on the armrest.  :-) That meant it was time for us to go.

I should have cropped this picture but I didn't want to take the time :-)

Gram -- dad's maternal grandmother, dad, Gramp

If I'm guessing -- 1983 give or take a year or two :-)

Gram, mom, gramp, dad

Aunt Linda for life!  :-)



I tried to enlarge the previous two pictures but the resolution is so bad that's because I can make them without being too grainy.  :-(

Aunt Linda for life!

classic Aunt Linda -- at 192!

me on the very left, Lisa, mom, juliet, Grandma Stone, Grandpa Stone at the ranch.  I'm guessing this is 1974 or 1975.

me driving the model T. Lisa and mom on the '33.  I'm guessing 1973.  At the ranch.  :-)

mom and Lisa -- and me sitting in the model T. :-) 1973 I am guessing by Lisa's age :-)

this picture was in the same file so I thought I would include it.  Even though it has nothing to do with the previous pictures :-).  As I recall this is dad and me at Knotts Berry Farm.  Another one of those pictures they take when you enter the park.  This is somewhere around 2000 or maybe 2001. something like that. 

anyway Lisa, I did this blog post just for you so I hope you enjoyed it :-) I'm sure everyone else in the family will get a kick out of it as well :-)


2 comments:

  1. "AAAAaaaaaaaHHHHHhhhhhhhhh...."
    Awesome pictures.
    Man, Aunt Linda looks young in that picture of her in the field with the baseball glove.
    Oh, the memories.
    Guess we can expect some of those on t-shirt print in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Al was my step-Grandfather, and I loved him very much! Wish there was one of my Grandpa Mike, so we could show both of Grams two "Flames". My family "Rocks" (pun intended), and I can't wait for the big reunion, and the way I've been feeling it won't be long now. My goodness my sister sure does look young in those photo's.

    ReplyDelete