Sunday, October 4, 2015

General Conference Summary

As usual, conference was a wonderful spiritually uplifting experience. My favorite quote from the conference is from President Monson's priesthood session talk.

"My message to you tonight is straightforward. It is this: keep the commandments. …" -- President Thomas S. Monson

There were many great quotes and stories but that, to me, sums up the theme of this conference.

Three new apostles were sustained: Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Elder Gary E. Stevenson, and Elder Dale G. Renlund.

Did anyone else notice the change in President Nelson as he now assumes the mantle of President of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles?  Much like the change I noticed in President Monson when he became Prophet.  By the way I absolutely loved President Nelson's talk!  He's always been one of my favorites.  :-)

All of us will find much happiness, peace and joy in life if we heed the counsel of the Lord's chosen leaders of His Church who admonished us many times over the past few days to "keep the commandments". 

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment