Monday, October 19, 2015

YW In Excellence Invitation

As the YW secretary in my ward, I was asked to design the invitation for our upcoming YW in Excellence program.  They wanted to make it formal and have the girls dress up.  So I came up with the theme "Of Royal Birth".

I spent most of the day Friday in Photoshop designing this invitation:
I was pleased with the outcome.  I thought it turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.  :-)

Yesterday I asked the YW president if she got the design I sent, because I hadn't heard from her, and she said she already had them printed up.  She said she showed it to her daughter and she couldn't read it -- because it was in cursive! I didn't even think of that.  We were just talking about this a few weeks ago.  How unbelievable it is that kids can't read cursive nowadays.

So I guess the kids won't be able to read their invitations.  But at least they look pretty :-).

3 comments:

  1. That is unbelievable that the kids can't read it because it is cursive!
    I wouldn't have thought of that either.
    Unbelievable.
    Maybe they will be motivated to learn cursive.
    Public education has deteriorated right along with society. Pretty sad.
    The invitation is EXCELLENT and looks very formal and nice. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is gorgeous! Good job T! At least the parents can read it.By the way,
    I printed my football picks just now. No procrastinating this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful invitation! Great job, Tam!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete