Sunday, January 3, 2016

Ring out the Old, Ring in the New

As I contemplate the beginning of a new year, I look back and realize how blessed my life is.  2015 was not very kind to me or my family.  Life is full of trials, pains, and sorrows -- and 2015 seemed to dole out more than my fair share.  But that is what mortality is all about.  That is why we are here.  We are here to prove ourselves--to see if we will obey the Lord's commandments.  We are here to learn and grow from our experiences.  It's how we progress.

Along with all the heart aches and hardships come many blessings.  The Lord will always bless us when we try to do what's right and follow Him. Despite all of the pains and sorrows 2015 brought, I have been extremely blessed!  I am so thankful to have the gospel to guide and direct my life.  I'm so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and elder brother, Jesus Christ who bless and watch over me.  I'm so thankful for the plan of salvation and the peace that knowledge brings me.

Here's to a wonderful, richly blessed 2016 full of much joy and happiness!  And may we all be able to endure it well!  :-)

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment