Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sabbath Day Daily Message

For some reason my daily messages have not been coming daily.  They tend to come in clumps of two or three weeks worth.  I just got another mass of messages today.  So you might see a few of them sprinkled on my blog throughout the week.

I actually haven't even finished reading all of them yet but I really like this one, so I decide to post it on my blog right away.
"Now, I know it’s hard, particularly for our young people, to choose to observe the Sabbath day when athletic teams on which they so much want to participate regularly schedule games on Sunday. I too know it seems trivial to many who are in need of just a few items on the Sabbath to quickly stop at a convenience store to make a Sunday purchase. But I also know that remembering to keep the Sabbath day holy is one of the most important commandments we can observe in preparing us to be the recipients of the whisperings of the Spirit."
—H. David Burton, "A Season of Opportunity"

How we treat the Sabbath each week really is one of the best litmus tests of our dedication to the Lord and his Gospel.

As President Nelson taught in General Conference a couple years ago, our conduct and attitude on the Sabbath constitute a sign between us and God.  We all know what the scriptures say regarding keeping the Sabbath day holy and hallowing the Lord's Day.  We don't need lists of do's and don'ts.  We just need to ask ourselves, "what sign do I want to give the Lord?"

It's all of the little things we do every day and every week, the seemingly small decisions we make, that determine our eternal destiny.  Concerning the Sabbath, our attitudes and actions give the Lord a sign as to our level of dedication to Him.

I hope we will all choose to honor the Lord by keeping the Sabbath day holy.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment