Saturday, June 6, 2020

Come Monday

This past week on Wheel of Fortune they were giving away trips to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville resort.  There are two Jimmy Buffett songs that I like.  I had a large CD collection in the 90s.  One of them was Jimmy Buffett.  On occasion I would play that CD on my commute to medical school in San Francisco.  My favorite Jimmy Buffett song is "Come Monday".  I would play that on repeat all the way to school.  It was apropos because it starts out "Heading up to San Francisco..." which is exactly where I was heading.

I found this video on YouTube.  This is the Jimmy Buffet I remember from the 70s.


The other Jimmy Buffett song I like is probably his most well-known, "Margaritaville".  If you weren't around in the 70s you probably have no clue what a pop top is. I certainly remember them.  Anyway I'm not going to post that video because I don't want to promote alcohol and it cusses at the end.  "Come Monday" is a better song anyway.

Oh the good old days.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment