Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody!  I read this message from our Prophet this morning.  He said it better than I possibly could.  So here is his message: 

While we read the Christmas story in Matthew and Luke, we find the true meaning of Christmas in the gospel of John. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

The first and greatest gift of Christmas was neither gold, nor frankincense, nor myrrh. It was the willing gift from a loving Heavenly Father of His Beloved, Only Begotten Son.

On that first Silent Night, I can only imagine the holy mixture of emotions that our Heavenly Father must have experienced, watching from heaven as His Beloved Son entered a fallen world in the lowliest and most indigent of circumstances.

God is not devoid of emotions. He looks after us with all the tender feeling of a loving parent. I imagine the joy He felt in knowing that this precious infant would eventually win a glorious triumph over sin and death—throwing open the doors of heavenly possibilities so that you and I could someday live again with our loved ones.

But I also believe His joy was tempered by the perfect knowledge of what awaited His Beloved Son. In a few short years from that holy night, this same Son would suffer as none had ever, nor could ever, suffer.

But because our Heavenly Father loves us so much, He allowed these joyful and painful events to take their proper course. Because the world needed saving, and because you and I need saving, He sent us a Savior.

This Christmas, let us accept God’s perfect and precious gift. Let us cast our burdens and sins at the Savior’s feet and experience the joy that comes from repentance and change. Let us follow Jesus Christ and emulate His life as we celebrate His birth.

I wish you, my dear friends, a very merry Christmas. -- President Russell M. Nelson, December 25, 2021

 I am so thankful for a loving Savior, especially today as we celebrate His birth.  Merry Christmas!

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment