Friday, December 31, 2021

My Pack -- Licorice

Licorice also came to us as a stray.  The back of one of the pictures says it was in May 1984.  We loved Licorice.  She was a sweet girl.  I remember we thought she was pregnant.  I don't think she was.  We didn't have Licorice very long.  :-(  Unfortunately, Mom thought one dog was enough and we already had Tiger. 

So, one day while we were at school, Mom took her to the pound.  :-(  I think Mom regrets it now as a parenting mistake.  We were devastated.  The dog pound was conveniently just down the road.  So some of us kids would ride our bikes or walk down to the dog pound every day.  We would bring a bag of food to give them for Licorice and ask about her every day after school.  After about a week, they said she was adopted.  But, I'm not so sure.  I think she was probably euthanized.  :-(


 Licorice in the living room at 852.  Orem, Utah.



Licorice and Michael

Me and Licorice.  May 1984


Even though we only had Licorice for a week or two, she will forever be a member of my pack.

Until we meet again, sweet Licorice, RIP.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. I love Licorice. She used to sleep on my bed and wake me up every morning. She had the softest tummy of any dog ever!!! Such a sweet dog. Probably the best "little dog" to ever exist. I remember riding my blue 10 speed down to the pound every day to drop off a baggie of dog food for her. I mourned her and missed her throughout my childhood. I hope I get to see her again.

    ReplyDelete