Monday, May 30, 2022

Success Is Measured at Home

During one of the devotionals I was watching last night, I heard a couple of quotes that reminded me of my mom.  These are classic quotes that every Latter-Day Saint will recognize.  But I want to post them today in honor of my mother.

This first quote is a longer version of the well-known quote by the prophet at the time, Pres. David O McKay.  This quote is from a talk given at Gen. conference in 1966.

David O. McKay

“The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.”

― David O. McKay


The other quote is also by a prophet, Pres. Harold B Lee.   I don't have the details of this quote but here it is:
“The most important of the Lord’s work that you will ever do will be the work you do within the walls of your own home.”—President Harold B. Lee

Mom certainly took these quotes to heart and her life epitomized their teachings.  Mom's greatest work  was certainly done within the walls of her home.  Mom may not have been considered successful by worldly standards,  but she was absolutely successful by the Lord's standards.

Thank you, Mom, for prioritizing the Lord and your family over worldly success.  I love you and miss you.  God be with you till we meet again.

That's my two cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment