Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sunday School Lesson – 1 Samuel

These are the handouts for our lesson today.  Lisa tied every stone with a paper that says "Conquer your own Goliaths"

 I led the lesson today.  It was on 1 Samuel.  Chapter 8 talks about the people wanting a king instead of judges and going apostate and turning away from God and towards the world.

Then, because of Father's Day and going over, we were short on time so I skipped through to 1 Samuel 16:7 where it talks about man looking on the outward appearance but the Lord looking on the heart.  And we talked about not being judgmental.

Then we finished up with 1 Samuel 17 – the story of David and Goliath.  We talked about how David's faith gave him the courage and confidence to conquer Goliath.  I told a couple stories and that was it.  I was going to post my entire lesson but it's mostly Scripture and I'm sure no one will read it anyway.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment