Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Joseph Smith

On this day, 203 years ago (December 23, 1805) the Prophet Joseph Smith was born. I would like to express my gratitude to him for his role in restoring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth.

President John Taylor, the third President of the Church, wrote, "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it" (D&C 135:3).

President Thomas S. Monson gave a talk about the Prophet Joseph Smith in the October 2005 General conference. Click on the title (Happy Birthday Joseph Smith) to read it.

3 comments:

  1. I am also grateful for all Joseph Smith has done to bring forth the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for his courage, faith and amazing example of enduring persecutions and hardships, and of sacrifice.

    (I'm wondering how you got that so you just click the title and there is the article...that's cool!) Good article by Pres. Monson too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes happy birthday joseph smith! i had no idea it was his birthday so that is cool you reminded me. i too am grateful for him and his courage he had to put up with what he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the reminder! I too am grateful for him.. we just watched Emma, my story.. have you seen that? it is very similar to the Joseph Smith movie they are showing at Temple Square right now, same actors, and scenes and such, but Emma's side.. such a good movie!

    ReplyDelete