Thursday, December 11, 2008

News?

I was planning to do a different post today but something I saw on the news yesterday prompted this post. Yesterday morning while I was watching good morning America one of their biggest stories was about Oprah Winfrey gaining 40 pounds. They didn't just mention it once. They mentioned it about every five minutes that they were going to have Oprah's best friend on during one segment to talk about her weight gain. Are people really that interested in Oprah Winfrey gaining weight? I certainly am not. And then, on the evening news last night it was mentioned again. Is this really news? I'm sure there are a lot of more deserving stories that ended up on the cutting room floor in order to make room for this so-called news.
That's my two cents.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that amazing that Oprah gained weight? That is so unlike her to fluctuate like that. Definitely a news worthy story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the news media is so use to Murders, rapes, robberies,and crooked Governor's, that they thought Oprah's weight problem should be a great concern, and breaking news for the citizens of this country. I wonder if Obama's ingrown toenail will be breaking news this evening. Let that be a Penny for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's ridiculous what the media considers the big news of the day. I wonder if they would be interested in doing a story on my weight gain too. Good thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree once again tam, it is so stupid that they focus on celebritys and stuff when there are far more problems going on.

    ReplyDelete