Sunday, December 14, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies

A few weeks ago my dad came across a piece of paper with my handwriting on it. It was notepaper from a printing company in Brooksville Florida. Therefore I know I must have acquired it while on my mission. Written on this piece of paper was a recipe for homemade Oreo cookies. I have been wanting to try this recipe since my dad found it. I finally talked him into making them today. It is the first time that he has ever made cookies. Of course I coached him along the way :-) anyway they turned out pretty good as you can see. My dad did a great job, especially being his first attempt at making cookies.





Homemade Oreo cookies

Cookie:
1 devil’s food cake mix
½ cup shortening
1 egg

Mix together and roll into balls. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.

Cream filling:
1 -eight ounce package cream cheese
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream together and put between two cookies.
(We used a stick of butter as the shortening. We didn't have a devil's food cake mix so we used triple chocolate cake mix instead)

8 comments:

  1. There were two important ingredients to making these cookies a success, No.1, beginner's luck, No.2, the best coach a guy could have! I must admit, they do taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dad! Glad you were finally able to get your oreo cookies made Tam. Too bad we ran out of time yesterday. Looks like the cookies turned out yummy. I bet Dad is really proud!!! =) Do they taste like Oreo cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammy! You're right, we haven't met yet, but I've heard so many wonderful things about you from Alan! Those cookies look so tasty and I love that they can be made from a cake mix. I have a recipe (that I need to find) for Rolo Cookies from a cake mix and my gosh they are heavenly:) Tell your mom and dad hi from Alan and me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!! Looks amazing, I will definatly be making those for Christmas. Way to go papa Stone!!! And thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spencer's grandma is famous for her homemade oreos--they are SO good!
    I'm very impressed Uncle Mike-way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang those look yummy! good job dad and tam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to make those cookerds tonight Big T. Thanks for the sample this afternoon:) Love ya,D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make these for my youngest brother and he LOVES them. Yours look excellent! It makes want to go bake some!

    ReplyDelete