Thursday, December 18, 2008

Korihor

While I was getting ready this morning we were listening to the book of Mormon as we usually do in the mornings. The chapter that we happened to start with this morning was Alma chapter 30. This chapter tells the story of a man named Korihor. Korihor was an antichrist. For anybody interested in reading this, here is a link. http://scriptures.lds.org/en/alma/30

The reason I bring this up today is because of my last blog. You see, I see very many similarities between Korihor and our new president elect, Barack Hussein Obama. First of all, how does somebody with a name like that get elected president of the United States of America? He sounds more like the president of OPEC or Saudi Arabia. I don't think, in fact I know, he would never have been elected had it not been for the liberal media and people like Oprah Winfrey who endorsed him. On a side note, why do people put such clout in celebrities and their opinions? I mean really, who is Oprah Winfrey, except an immoral, terrible role model who happens to have a lot of power and influence over millions of people, through television?

Anyway, I happened to be watching the news last night and there was a piece on Obama being Time magazines Man of the year. And right after that they showed a picture of him smoking, which looked like to me a joint but what do I know. And later I found out that he is a cigarette smoker. Cigarette smoking is another blog because I have much to say about that alone, but suffice it to say, is someone who's not smart enough, in this day and age, to understand the perils of smoking, really somebody we want running this country? and is that the kind of role model we should have as president of the United States?

Now you might be wondering, where's the correlation between Obama and Korihor? Well, just like Korihor was able to lead away thousands of people through his speech, and convinced many that there was no God. 0bama is also very well spoken and able to convince many to follow him.

Alma 30:42 "Behold, I know that thou believest, but thou art possessed with a lying spirit, and ye have put off the Spirit of God that it may have no place in you; but the devil has power over you, and he doth carry you about, working devices that he may destroy the children of God. "

Anyone who would say the first thing they're going to do as president of the United States is sign into law the freedom of choice act (see previous post), is amoral, and not somebody we should have running this country. The majority of citizens of this country are still God-fearing Christians, with morals. Who, apparently, were blinded by the craftiness of men.

Let me just leave you with this: Alma 30:60 "And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell. "

That's my two cents.

5 comments:

  1. Boy Tammy, you didn't pull any punchs on that topic, and probably added a little more than two cents. Good job, and I agree 100%. You are much better than I with words, so glad you said that for those of us who feel that way, but don't disperse the spoken word as well as you. My once diamond in the rough is now a polished GEM................

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem in the world today. Society worships anyone well known from television...no matter how ridiculous they are. There are not many morals in our society today. It's very sad. I know there are a lot of Korihor's out there. It's kind of interesting that when I defend standards and morals, I have been told that I'm "critical" or "judgemental" when in reality it is called "not tolerating sin" and "defending truth."

    Too bad we can't live in a world full of righteous people like the city of Enoch. I sure hope the person that went on some rampage over this president elect, and threatened my life and the life of my family members, will read this blog you posted. I can clearly say that the president elect is a poor example of moral standards and I personally don't think he's that articulate or great with words either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again tam i would have to agree. you said it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is why I cried for an hour after he was elected. I saw the country going the hell in a hand basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I wish my brother could read this blog (he really isn't into blogging) but he has been telling our family the same things about Obama. he would same AMEN, too!

    ReplyDelete