Thursday, April 30, 2009

Come What May, and Love It

I thought I would post the outline/visual aids that I used in my Relief Society lesson on Sunday. I chose to use Elder Wirthlin's talk from the October 2008 General conference. Because it is the last time I was able to use one of his talks since he has already graduated this life.

Come What May, and Love It

“The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.”-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

“If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness.”-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Learn to laugh.

“The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable.”-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Seek for the eternal.

“Sometimes the very moments that seem to overcome us with suffering are those that will ultimately suffer us to overcome.”
-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

The principle of compensation.

Trust in the Father and the Son.

“The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.” -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

“Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it.”
-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

1 comment:

  1. I love Elder Wirthlin. I know that adversity makes us stronger. Sometimes I don't really love it though. I love that I can be strengthened but I don't always love the stuff that I have to go through.

    ReplyDelete