Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sad State of Society

It was brought to my attention a few days ago, via e-mail, that Oprah Winfrey's Magazine has an article in it about women leaving their husbands and children for other women. Now, first of all, I would like to comment about Oprah Winfrey. For some reason, she is wildly popular, and has the reputation of being a do-gooder. On the contrary, she is a horrible example of glorifying immorality both in her personal life and on the show. I must admit, I haven't seen her show in about three to four years but the last few shows I did see were representative of what I just said. This is why I quit watching her. I could elaborate but I will leave it at that.

The reason why I decided to do this post today was to comment on the sad state of our society. Why is it that mainstream society embraces sinful behavior at an increasingly alarming rate? I mean really, women and mothers forsaking their husbands and children for a lesbian lifestyle! This is absolutely absurd. And what is equally absurd is that people like Oprah Winfrey glorifying such behavior on her television show and in her magazine. It is obvious that Oprah Winfrey has a huge influence on the American people, look at the current president. That is still unbelievable to me. But I digress.

Now, you might say, that these are a few isolated incidents. But, the more it is in the news and on television and in magazines, etc. the more it will be accepted as normal behavior and more rampant it will become.

I heard through the grapevine several years ago about two women in Utah, both members of the church, one of whom was a Relief Society President, who left their families to live a homosexual lifestyle. I cannot confirm this story but if it is true it is a reflection that even members of the Church are not immune. This is why we are taught to be in the world but not of the world. The more we try to fit in with society, the more likely we are to fall.

This is why we should try to avoid such seemingly harmless influences such as the Oprah Winfrey show, any scumbag television which promotes immorality, movies, magazines, etc.

Now let me just briefly touch on the biology of homosexuality. I understand, probably better than most, the argument that some people are "just born that way" referring to being born homosexual. I'm not going to go into details here but suffice it to say that there probably are people born whose brains are hardwired to be attracted to the same sex. But, just like any normal heterosexual person, they have control over their bodies and their actions. Regardless of who you are attracted to, promiscuity is always wrong. And of course, any form of homosexuality is wrong, depraved, and disgusting.

I mentioned the biology because in the above-mentioned cases of women leaving their families for other women, this is generally not because they were "born homosexual" but because they choose to "try something new".

It is very sad and disheartening that our society has degraded to this point. And, unfortunately, it is only getting worse.

That's my two cents.

2 comments: