Friday, April 3, 2009

Dad Rescues Kekoa from Drowning

A little while ago dad and I went out to the pool house to check on the filter cell. Dad had his back turned opening a new bottle of chlorine/pH sticks. I noticed kekoa walking around then he turned to face the pool looking at it as if he was deciding whether to venture out onto the pool cover or not. The next thing I know kekoa jumps in. I yelled at dad. Dad ran over to the side of the pool to try to grab kekoa out. But before he could get him, kekoa sank to the bottom of the pool. Dad jumped in fully clothed to rescue kekoa. Thankfully, dad was able to grab him from the bottom of the pool and saved his life. Unfortunately, dads wallet, flashlights, and electronic keys for the Dodge truck and Van got ruined. Dad's glasses also got broken. One of the earpieces came off. Anyway that was quite the excitement for the afternoon. Kekoa now thinks that dad tried to drown him I guess because he doesn't want anything to do with dad. He doesn't realize that dad saved his life. Ironically, a few minutes before kekoa jumped in, I mentioned to dad that Lisa had told me that bulldogs cannot swim. So I hoped that kekoa didn't jump in. I guess Bulldogs are not too bright. Thankfully kekoa is okay and dad just has some bruised/cut knees. Never a dull moment!

3 comments:

  1. Good grief! Bulldogs can't swim. Poor things. Glad Dad rescued him and both are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did that happen in the shallow end or deep end? Either way Dad is a hero for saving his life. Dakota would be sore jealous that Kekoa was in the pool. She always looks at me for permission to jump in when I take them out there and anybody is swimming in the pool. Good rescue effort Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scary.. glad your dad saved him..

    ReplyDelete