Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Facebook Makes You Unhappy

Anybody who reads my blog knows how I feel about Facebook.  Facebook is addictive.  Facebook ruins individual lives.  Facebook destroys families.  At the very least, Facebook is a big waste of time.

I've done several blog posts about the ills of Facebook.  So imagine my delight when a scientific study came out that validated my long stated opinion and feelings about Facebook.  The study concluded that people who use Facebook are much less happy than those who don't.

I just did a quick search and found that there have been several studies that have reached the same conclusion about Facebook and its users being unhappy, lonely, and sad.  There was a study done by the University of Michigan in 2013 and the one recently that was released a couple days ago -- at least that's when I read it -- I think it was in Finland or something.  Can't remember.  But anyway, the point is that if you use Facebook, you are generally not as happy as those who don't.

Case in point: Coincidentally someone I know recently inactivated her Facebook account for a short time.  She reported that she felt much more free and happier than when she was on Facebook. Almost as if a burden had been lifted.  Unfortunately she admitted that she was addicted and went back to it.  :-(

I could go on and on about why Facebook is detrimental.  I've personally seen it destroy lives and families.  Because of peoples addictions and poor choices. Yes, Facebook makes you unhappy.  Studies prove it.

Suffice it to say, true happiness is found in doing what's right and following Jesus Christ and His teachings. It's as simple as that.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I recently read about the studies stating this too.
    Not surprising to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog... Love it! I get on Facebook once a week and it's a relief.

    ReplyDelete