Monday, November 16, 2015

Scripture of the Day

I really like the prophet Jacob in The Book of Mormon.  He is bold and doesn't mince words.  I like his style.  :-) Anyway, this scripture jumped out at me the other day as I was listening to my scriptures. So I thought I would share with all of you on my blog.  :-)

Just a little background -- Jacob is talking to his fellow Nephites who have turned away from the Lord and become more wicked than the Lamanites.  How or why this happens I don't know, but apostasy is, sadly, becoming more prevalent in our day.  So Jacob's counsel is as relevant today as it was back in his day-- approximately 500 BC -- and much needed.

Anyway here's the Scripture:

Jacob 3:10-12

"10 Wherefore, ye shall remember your children, how that ye have grieved their hearts because of the example that ye have set before them; and also, remember that ye may, because of your filthiness, bring your children unto destruction, and their sins be heaped upon your heads at the last day.

"11 O my brethren, hearken unto my words; arouse the faculties of your souls; shake yourselves that ye may awake from the slumber of death; and loose yourselves from the pains of hell that ye may not become angels to the devil, to be cast into that lake of fire and brimstone which is the second death.

"12 And now I, Jacob, spake many more things unto the people of Nephi, warning them against fornication and lasciviousness, and every kind of sin, telling them the awful consequences of them."


No comments:

Post a Comment