Sunday, November 1, 2015

Be an Example and a Light -- Part Nine

"My brothers and sisters, our opportunities to shine surround us each day, in whatever circumstance we find ourselves. As we follow the example of the Savior, ours will be the opportunity to be a light in the lives of others, whether they be our own family members and friends, our co-workers, mere acquaintances, or total strangers.

"To each of you, I say that you are a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father. You have come from His presence to live on this earth for a season, to reflect the Savior’s love and teachings, and to bravely let your light shine for all to see. When that season on earth has ended, if you have done your part, yours will be the glorious blessing of returning to live with Him forever."

-- President Thomas S. Monson, Be an Example and a Light, October 2015 General Conference

Unfortunately this is the end of the series on my blog. Hopefully some of the quotes touched your heart as much as they did mine. I have enjoyed rereading this beautifully written talk by our beloved prophet and selecting my favorite quotes to share with you. And sometimes adding my personal insight.  :-)

What wonderful counsel and beautiful blessings from our living prophet. I love President Monson.  He has truly worn out his life in the service of the Lord.  I hope we will all strive to follow his stalwart example and heed his counsel to be an example and a light.

That's my two cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment