Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Cool, Not Cool

28 years ago today I embarked on my full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I entered the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Wednesday, January 15, 1992.  Sorry no pictures today. Also, today would be Grandma Sabin's 93rd birthday, if she were still here.

I just wanted to mention that.  There is another blog post that I want to do today.  If I can keep my brain perfused long enough to get through it.  My blood pressure is so low I can't get a reading using three different methods.

Anyway because of my hypotensive state recently I have spent more time lollygagging, tipped back in my chair, watching YouTube.  I like watching live versions of old songs from my heyday. What I have noticed is disturbing.

I won't name names but some of the artists I once enjoyed -- I guess in an attempt to look cool or connect with the audience -- now add profanity to their classic songs (or in between lyrics).  They also drink alcohol while performing.  As if it's a cool thing to do.  Seriously, who wants to listen to some drunk trying to sing?  Making a fool of themselves?

It's a sad state of affairs to see the degradation of society.  It is sad that the audience cheers when the artist profanes or drinks alcohol on stage.  I certainly don't cheer, but instead cringe at this behavior.  All it does is cause me to lose respect for them.

Apparently society has degraded to the point of cheering for debasing behavior, which really should be embarrassing, not cool.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment