Saturday, January 11, 2020

Two Little Sisters

The first friend I ever had was my baby sister, Lisa.  We have been BFFs since the day she was born.

We are only 18 months apart in age & have always been close and are always there for each other.

Following is a photographic journey of me with my baby sister.

Me holding my baby sister, Lisa. She doesn't seem to be too thrilled about it though.
Summer 1972

Me trying to comfort my baby sister.  :-)
Lisa showing me her rattle.  :-)

Naptime?  Although neither of us is sleeping.  :-)

Two little sisters riding in a stroller.

Dressed up fine in matching outfits.
Orem, Utah -- 1974

Gotta love the awesome 70s fashions!

Me giving Lisa a wagon ride.
Orem, Utah

I remember these shirts.
Lisa and me swinging together on the swing set next to our apartment in Hidden Meadows.
Orem, Utah

Two little sisters arm in arm.
Mom has always loved fluff heads.  :-)




Grandma's house in Orem, Utah.
I love my baby sister!

Lisa in the high chair looking at me blowing out my candles on my third birthday.

Check out my sweet 70s dress!  But not so sweet hairdos.  :-)


Christmas 1972

Lisa and me goofing around at 852.
Orem, Utah








Lisa and me with our new baby dolls.  Christmas 1973


Working hard washing a table for Uncle Ron's wedding reception.
Orem, Utah
August, 1973


Teamwork.
August 1973 -- Orem Utah




February 1992
Salt Lake City airport

My CCPM graduation.
San Francisco, California
May 2001
Lisa and Tammy
1973
High Serenity Ranch -- Clearlake Oaks, California
Photoshopped
1973 Clearlake Oaks, California

About 30 years later -- 2003

Blurry close-up

BSS -- 2006

2019
Nearly 5 decades later, we are still BFFs, still as close as ever, and always there for each other.

To quote part of a Keith Whitley and Earl Thomas Conley song:
We shared the same last name and the same color eyes
But we fought like tigers over that old red bike
"I'm battin' first and you can't use my glove"
It wouldn't take long until push came to shove
But we looked out for each other
With brotherly love 
There's a bond that brothers know
And it gets stronger as they grow
A love that time and miles can't come between
We disagree but in the end
There will never be two closer friends
And brotherly love is something we all need
That pretty much sums up my relationship with my little sister, Lisa.  She has and is sacrificing much to help care for me and I greatly appreciate it.

Mortality has been rough on us.  Thank you for always being there for me, Lisa.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Man, those pictures were making me smile and laugh so hard. Especially the George Washington hair dos. Our polyester 70's outfits were super sweet. I remember those Spring Fling dresses too. I started singing "Gypsies on Parade" when I saw that Halloween picture. :) I remember loving those patriotic red-white-blue shirts too. Documentation that I got Baby Mikey and my Big Wheel that Christmas. :) Oh, the memories! Missions, college.... emailing...phone calls... Yes, we've always been there for each other...and that song is a perfect description "we fought like tigers" Man, you had the claws of a tiger for sure!!! :) Yes, mortality has been rough on us but the main thing is..."TING!" :) Thanks. Nice post, might have to copy it to print into my book. :)

    ReplyDelete