Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Answered Prayers

I am a fervent believer in the power of prayer.  The scriptures tell us to pray always, and to have a prayer in our hearts continually.  I personally try to take this to heart and pray many times a day.

Sometimes I pray for things that I hope for, but in my myopic view of things can't really see a solution.  But knowing that all things are possible with God and trusting in miracles, I believe that my prayers will be answered.  So I pray anyway, knowing that God always answers prayers.  Granted, sometimes the answer is no.  And sometimes the answer is not yet.  But sometimes the answer is yes.

Sometimes God's timeline is different than ours.  Sometimes what we think is a long wait is not really that long.

"I wonder if we can ever really fathom the immense power of prayer until we encounter an overpowering, urgent problem and realize that we are powerless to resolve it. Then we will turn to our Father in humble recognition of our total dependence on Him."  – Elder Richard G. Scott, "Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer", April 2007

I recently received an answer to prayers, about "an overpowering, urgent problem", where I couldn't see the outcome happening, but I desperately hoped for it.  A miracle happened.  My prayers were answered in the affirmative.  I'm so thankful!

Heavenly Father really is aware of each of us individually and wants what's best for us.  Sometimes what's best for us is to struggle for a while, but He won't let us struggle longer than is absolutely necessary.

I want to thank all of you who have been praying for me.  Your prayers were answered also!

"He will always hear your prayers and will invariably answer them."  – Elder Richard G. Scott, "Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer", April 2007

I'm so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers each and every prayer uttered by His children.  I'm thankful that a specific prayer I've been praying for months has been answered.  I am thankful for the peace I now feel.  I'm thankful for the peace that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings.  I'm so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His atonement for me and for all of us.  I'm thankful that Heavenly Father is aware of little old me and answers my prayers.  I am humbled by His grace and love.

The power of prayer is real.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment