Wednesday, May 7, 2014

CCPM Graduation

I've decided to post pictures from my medical school graduation.

I graduated from California College of Podiatric Medicine on May 25, 2001 in San Francisco.

Michael and Derrinda were living with me at the time so they drove up with me from Los Angeles to San Francisco.  Lisa and her kids and Mom and Dad flew in from Salt Lake City.

The night before there was a graduation ball in which we all attended except for Lisa who didn't have a babysitter for kids :-(.

The day of graduation, Uncle Ron, Aunt Alice and my cousins Clint, Wade, Crystal, and Tracy attended my graduation ceremony.

here are a few pictures: the pictures are not in order :-(
after receiving my diploma, walking back to my seat.

me receiving my diploma from two of my professors.  Doctor Burns on my right and Doctor Thornton on my left.

Doctor Burns shaking my hand as I receive my diploma.

the CCPM graduating class of 2001

dad, mom, me at the CCPM graduation ball.

Dad, Mom, Me, Derrinda, Michael

On our way to the graduation ball

ditto


me dancing with dad at my CCPM graduation ball

another picture of me awkwardly dancing -- you can see why I never danced.
Michael on the right



group shot.
Derrinda, Mom, Michael, Chanelle, Dad, Mercedes, Richie, Lisa, Me






mom and dad dancing -- derrinda on right

mom and dad dancing on left derrinda and Michael dancing on right

ditto

ditto

Michael and derrinda dancing

waiting for the graduation

me in the middle :-)

me, Lisa, Richie -- with his usual grumpy face -- Mercedes in front

Michael and derrinda at the graduation Ball dinner.  I know this belongs at the top with the other one but oh well.


Grandma with Mercedes and Richie

Me, Derrinda, Michael, Aunt Alice, Clint, Crystal, Tracy, Wade, Uncle Ron, Dad, Richie, Mercedes, Mom, Lisa, and Chanelle








in the pool at the hotel where we stayed for my graduation.
Mercedes, Derrinda, Me, Michael
something must have been very funny :-)

Mercedes and Michael in the pool
Me, Dad, Mom, Richie in the chairs lounging poolside :-)

Me with Chanelle
Mercedes with Uncle Michael

I remember Michael's head got burned really badly.

There you go Lisa, and Chanelle -- you guys made the cut!  Several times.  :-)

It was a short but fun trip and the culmination of a lot of hard work on my part :-)

Thanks to all who were there to support me on my big day! I received the degree of Doctor of Podiatric Medicine.

Now don't forget to call me Doctor Stone :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome accomplishment Tam.
    It was a fun graduation celebration the night before and day of. The kids and I had fun regardless if I didn't make it to the ball. Super nice place we stayed at.
    It was nice that Uncle Ron and his family came to graduation to help celebrate the many years of hard work in earning your doctorate degree.
    Superb accomplishment Dr. Stone!
    I even made the cut. :)

    ReplyDelete