Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Baptism Day!

I was looking at some of my old childhood pictures that have been scanned into my computer.  And I came across my baptism pictures.  Since I just attended my nephew Elijah's baptism a few days ago I thought I would post my baptism pictures on my blog.

It's hard to believe this was over 35 years ago.  I was baptized when I was eight years old by my maternal grandfather, in Springville Utah.

I remember a few details from that day.  I remember being nervous about holding onto Grandpa's arm properly and plugging my nose.

I remember sitting in the chapel with all the other kids getting baptized that day and listening to the program, nervously waiting until it was my turn to get baptized.

I was excited to get baptized but being shy, I was nervous about the whole process.

I felt really good afterwards -- partly because it was over and I could relax :-).  But also because the spirit was so strong.  I knew I had made the right choice.

My confirmation wasn't until the next day.  So I was nervous again to go up in front of the congregation to be confirmed.  It's funny what I remember about that is how heavy everyone's hands were on my head.

Hey, I was a petite little thing, all those hands on my head were heavy!

Unfortunately I don't remember listening to the blessing because I was distracted by the heavy hands.  :-)

Anyway those are my memories of my baptism :-)

I will say it was the best decision I ever made up to that point in my life.  And actually, I would go so far as to say that joining the church was the best decision of my life ever.

My life has been blessed beyond measure by having the Gospel as part of it.

wasn't I cute?  :-)

Look how happy I am despite my nervousness.

me standing outside of the LDS chapel in Springville Utah.  Where I was baptized.

Side note: I loved that coat.  I thought it was so cool because of the faux fur trim.  :-)

self explanatory :-)

gotta love the 70s fashions.  :-)

it looks like red white and blue was a big theme back then.  Dad is dressed up fine!

check out my hair that had broken off from getting a perm :-) I remember that well.


I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me about my baptism day.

It was a very significant day in my life and having the Gospel as part of my life has shaped me into the person I am today. For that I am eternally grateful!


2 comments:

  1. I don't remember much about my baptism either except I didn't get to plug my nose because Grandpa forgot that little detail. He was holding my hand in his arm. I was too shy to say anything or try and pull my hand out of his grasp to plug my nose.
    I am also very grateful for my membership in the Church. Greatest blessing in my life.
    I remember those awesome coats.
    Looks like everyone had some pretty stylin' threads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are precious! What an awesome thing to have those to remember that day!

    ReplyDelete