Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mission Memories -- Brooksville -- Sister Beck: Part One

So begins the Brooksville journey.  I've got so many pictures that I'm going to break it up into sections.  This way I can try to get one post done per day. So, this will be part one of Brooksville with Sister Beck.

Brooksville was my most rural area.  I served there for two months with Sister Beck as she completed her mission.  Then I received two new companions -- Sister Shorthill and Sister Vega -- for just one month, I think.  But that will be in an upcoming post.  Stay tuned :-)


while out tracking one day, we came across this family, along the side of the road.  I think they were trying to kill ants by burning them up with a magnifying glass.  :-(

Sister Beck, me, and the little boy from the family in the previous picture.  This little boy really took a liking to me for some reason. who can blame him?  :-)  This was only a few minutes after meeting them. Children seemed to gravitate towards me -- I guess they are good judges of character :-)

I think Sister Beck was looking for ants.  We really didn't lollygag as much as it appears.  :-)
Sister Beck wanted her picture by this statue.  Just some random house we tracted into.
this house stood out like a sore thumb.  So, of course, I had to get my picture by it.


Sister Beck with a dog at a random house.

I think some of the photos I put on the Zephyrhills blog post are actually Brooksville.  This is the same day as the one where I'm looking out for alligators.  :-)
apparently lollygagging again, while tracting in Brooksville.  Apparently the sun was really bright that day :-)


we spent a lot of time walking down dirt roads.  And apparently taking pictures of it :-)

this is inside our Brooksville apartment. it appears that I'm writing letters on P-day.

saying hello to a horse, as we prepare to start tracting.


this is a part member family that fed us quite often.  The dog's name was spuds -- named after the dog in the beer commercial.  You have to be pretty old to remember that one :-)
Helena, the mother, wanted to be baptized, and already had the discussions but had to wait until she and Mack, the member, were married.  The two girls are hers from a previous relationship.  I believe they had just recently been baptized before we got there.  I'm happy to report that after I left the area .  Mack and Helena were married and she was baptized!
Mack

Sister Beck, dressed as an Elder -- story to follow in next post -- at Mack and Helena's house.  With Spuds McKenzie in the background.

this family had probably a dozen pit bulls.  They were all chained up in the backyard, except for Spuds.




Spuds and Mack

I believe this was a train that was stopped on the tracks and we thought it would be funny to take a picture as if the train was going to hit us.  Yeah, kind of lame.



this is a billboard that Sister Beck, and I made for the Brooksville church building. why I am in a dress and Sister Beck is in P-day clothes, I don't know

this was in Zephyrhills.  We obviously got a page and had to stop by the nearest pay phone to call.

doing laundry on P-day at the Brooksville laundromat.


Mack and Helena's house in Brooksville.


okay, this will be the end of part one.  Stay tuned for part two, next!

No comments:

Post a Comment