Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mission Memories -- Brooksville -- Sister Beck: Part Four

Those of you who know me very well know that I love theme parks!  The bigger, the faster, the scarier the roller coaster the better!  Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry Farm are probably my two favorites. The Superman and supreme scream bring back fond memories.along with several others.  

Anyway, you can imagine how ecstatic I was when Sister Beck informed me that we were going to get to go to Disney World in Orlando (Kissimmee to be technical) for her last P-day.  And yes, just for the record, our mission president approved it.
on our way to Disney World!



these pictures are going to be out of order, but oh well.  This was at Disney World, but I don't remember which feature this is.


Sister Beck on the tea cups


don't I look cool in my 3-D glasses!?


we got caught not doing missionary work :-) and put in the stockades.


a picture of the video screen of Sister Beck, and I on one of the rides I think.



these animal heads on the wall talked.  We thought they were pretty cool.  :-)




me in the cave at Disney World.  Same picture as Sister Beck has above.

I don't know why Sister Beck took this picture of me. although I must say my hair still looks pretty good for being a Disney World all day :-).  Gotta love the big bow :-)

Sister Beck in the 3-D glasses!

me in the teacups!

I think this was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  The back of Sister Beck's head.

not sure what this is about.

I think this is a self-portrait on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.



this was my least favorite part of Disney World.  The parade!  For those of you who know me very well, you know, I do not like parades.  Sister Beck, loved it.

I think Sister Beck took all of these pictures.  I don't think I would waste my film on these crazy shots.  Especially the one below!  :-)
this is just weird.



this concludes the Disney World photos.  What a fun day!
I don't remember this, but it looks like Sister Beck in front of a Tampa Tribune balloon.

a random picture of me.  I don't know why I'm carrying a bucket.  Maybe we were picking grapefruit or oranges?

I think this was actually in Zephyrhills.  I don't remember any details.  :-(



this must've been Sister Beck's last day in the mission field.
Sister Shorthill, Sister Stone, Sister Beck

Sister Vega must've come later.  Sister Shorthill and I trained Sister Vega.  Who came to us straight from the MTC.

Sister Beck ended up getting married a few months later.  Ironically, she ended up marrying somebody from my hometown.  And I think he even went to the same high school as me!  So, I believe she was living in my hometown, while I was still on my mission.  Kind of crazy.

Next up, Brooksville with Shorthill and Vega!  Get ready for some fun stories!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome that you were able to experience the theme parks. Kind of funny to see people at theme parks in dresses.

    ReplyDelete