Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MTC Memories

Last week, Mom helped me scan all of my mission pictures into the computer.  It seems like every page had a picture missing so I must have taken out the best pictures and put them somewhere else.  But I have no idea where they are.  I noticed that most of my baptism pictures are missing :-(.  But there are still some really great pictures that bring back fond memories.

I've heard that serving a mission is like giving birth.  Looking back, you only remember the good experiences.  All of the hard times and trials seem to fade from your memory.  I believe there is some truth to that.

So I've decided to share my mission with you through photographs.  And since the timing couldn't be better, I'm going to start with the MTC pictures.  Since today, January 15, is the day I entered the MTC -- 22 years ago.  :-)
Sisters Stone and Parent mopping MTC bathroom

showing off my hard work.  :-)

Sisters Paulson and Stone cleaning MTC bedroom

My Two MTC Companions with one of our teachers.

my MTC companionship at the Provo Temple

Sisters Stone, Paulson, Parent

my MTC district at the Provo Temple grounds

a few members of my district in the MTC laundry room

Elders Olson,?,  Sanderson, Sisters Parent and Paulson

my district at the Provo Temple


Elders Miller?,  Easter, Bitton, Sanderson,?
Elder McKinney with five sisters!  How did he swing that deal?  :-)


I have no idea who these Elders are, or why I have their picture. 

the picture that every missionary has from the MTC, pointing to your mission on the world map.

writing letters on P-day in the MTC laundry room

me with one of my MTC teachers

Sisters Parent, Paulson,?,  Stone,?

my two companions in our MTC bedroom 
Sisters Parent and Paulson goofing off in our MTC bedroom.  I have a picture like this but I don't know where it is :-(
here's one of me goofing off.  :-)


studying at our desk in our bedroom

my MTC district!  With our teacher, Sister Pew?


some of the Elders in my district-- in between classes


Elder McKinney with Sisters Paulson, Parent, and Stone

I don't know why I don't have a picture of me in front of this sign.  Two sisters from a neighboring MTC district.
I don't know what I'm doing here, but it looks like I should be studying :-)

Sisters?,  Paulson, Parent, and Stone pointing to our missions on the world map. Sister Parent served in Macon Georgia and Sister Paulson served with me in the great FTM!  Unfortunately she didn't stay out in the field very long :-( I think she went home after a few weeks.  :-(

These are most of my MTC pictures.

The pictures from the airport leaving for Tampa seem to be missing. :-(.

The three weeks I spent in the MTC were very intense, yet extremely valuable and rewarding.

Serving a mission is an extraordinary learning experience that you cannot get anywhere else.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to serve a full-time mission for the Lord.  It is a unique opportunity that not very many people get.

Every morning of my mission, I felt privileged to be able to put the black name tag on, and know that I was representing my Savior, and His church.

If you are privileged enough to receive the opportunity to serve a full-time mission, I would highly recommend it!

That's my two cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment