Sunday, January 12, 2014

22 Years Ago Today!

22 years ago today, I had my missionary farewell.  It's interesting that January 12 falls on a Sunday this year, as it did in 1992.
Back then, unlike today, the missionary's family pretty much took over the sacrament meeting program.  So I had several family members speak and we organized a special musical number, and then of course I spoke last.
I don't remember who spoke or what the musical number was, do any of you remember?
And of course as was custom, we had a get-together at the house after the services.  So here are a few pictures from my missionary farewell get-together.
Grandpa, Me, Grandma

Grandma, Nathan Naluai, Me, Grandpa, Mom

Uncle Bruce, Me, Aunt Leora

Aunt Evelyn, Me, Uncle Ken

self-explanatory :-)

Grandpa, Calvin Naluai, Danny (I think) Naluai, Grandma

These are all of the pictures I could find from my farewell.  Why I have pictures of Grandpa's sisters and friends in attendance, but not any pictures with my family I have no idea.  :-(

Look for a post on Wednesday, January 15 -- which is the day I entered the MTC 22 years ago.  I'm going to post pictures from the MTC. Ah the memories!

3 comments:

  1. Cool pics Tam! Dead give away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the memories! :)
    Seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 years ago.....WOW, let the letter writing begin!!
    Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days.

    ReplyDelete