Monday, January 27, 2014

Mission Memories -- Port Charlotte -- Sister Wilson: Part Two


This will be a short one today because it's been a long day at church, I had to teach Relief Society today.  But I wanted to at least get a couple pictures and stories for a post tomorrow.

I think a lot of these pictures are the same pose, and possibly the same picture, so sorry for the repetition.

Apparently, we took a little break from missionary work to do little photo shoot :-)

Trying to be cute peeking around a palm tree

I don't see an alligator, but I probably should not have been standing that close to the water with my back turned.  :-)

Sister Wilson posing by a sign with her first name.  Although she never went by, her first name, she went by her middle name :-)

Sister Wilson on the footbridge

me posing on the footbridge.  I don't even remember this experience.  But it is a pretty cool setting for photographs :-)

same picture as above?

same pose, different picture :-)

sometimes it was hard to find a place to carry the pager :-).  I often clipped it to my scriptures.  Or sometimes the clipboard when we were tracting. not the most attractive option above.  :-)

I learned to dread caring that pager around everywhere.  It seemed to go off at the most inopportune times.  When we were at the farthest point from our car and had to go back to find a pay phone to return the page. 



Sister Wilson posing :-)

okay, this picture reminds me of an experience.  I think it was in Port Charlotte or maybe Brooksville, I'm not sure.

Anyway, we were out tracting as usual, and it was in somewhat of a more rural area.  The house we were approaching was probably on an acre and had a long sidewalk to the front door flanked on both sides by hedges.  They were probably at least as tall as me.

So being the leader that I am, I was leading the way -- it was probably my door. (my turn to do the door approach) So I was walking down the sidewalk, and all of a sudden it was like I hit a rubber band stretched across the sidewalk between the hedges.  I bounced back and wondered what was blocking the way.

Come to find out it was the strongest spiderweb I have ever encountered.  It was huge and it was anchored between the hedges.  It was really amazing!

I can't remember if I acquired a spider from the encounter, but once again, my companion -- I think it might have been Sister Vega and possibly Sister Shorthill -- started panicking, looking for spiders all over me.

I guess it was good that I ran into it instead of her :-)

notice the pager in the foreground on the rail.  :-)

okay, these pictures are getting rather old



Sister Wilson doing our favorite pose :-)


the pager looks awesome!  Really adds to the photographs :-)

I will do a better post tomorrow.  I just wanted to get a post done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment