Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hawaii Trip -- Beach

I wrestled with whether to put these heathenic pictures on my blog for all the world to see.  But there are a couple of  reasons why I decided to go ahead and do it.

First of all, when you think of Hawaii, you think of beaches.  And that is where we spent the majority of our time.  I don't know how many different beaches we went to, but I think we pretty much circled the island, stopping at every beach along the way :-) some of them we visited several times.  It wouldn't be much of a Hawaii trip travelogue without including beach pictures.  And of course all of the beach pictures we have include either me or Juliet.  :-)

Then of course my great-grandmother's advice came to mind.  :-) So I decided to throw caution to the wind and post my heathenic beach pictures.

For those of you wondering what my great-grandmother's advice was -- well, it's not advice you would expect from your great-grandmother.  And actually, it wasn't advice that she gave to me, but rather advice she gave to her daughters (my grandmother and her sisters) when they were young.  And that advice was, "If you've got it, flaunt it". We've laughed about that through the years.

My great-grandmother lived with my grandparents (her daughter) during most of my growing up years so I actually knew her quite well.  That's not something I would ever imagine her saying.  Another quote attributed to her is, "there's no accounting for some people's taste."  She said that about my grandma, her daughter, marrying my grandpa.  And she said it in front of my grandpa, which makes it even funnier.  But once again I digress.

A lot of these pictures were duplicates that got scanned twice.  So I've tried to eliminate the duplicates when I catch it but a lot of these pictures look the same to me so there might be a few duplicates :-(

I don't remember which beach this is, but I thought it was a beautiful picture of the Hawaiian coast line.  If I wasn't in it, it might be postcard worthy :-)

another beautiful shot of the Hawaiian coast line.  I think that's me in the water.
I'm not sure if this is me or not.  But the clouds look kind of ominous.

this is definitely me.  I love the beautiful turquoise water against the sand.  Nice color contrast :-)

I think that's me running in the water.  This is another beautiful picture of the Hawaiian coast line.  I don't know why we have the beach all to ourselves.  I didn't think that was possible in Hawaii.

another picture of me playing in the water. once again, I love the colors of the sky against a turquoise waters.
Looks like some pretty good waves, I should've had a boogie board :-)
a lovely picture of Juliet against the beautiful Hawaiian beach background.

me trying to do the same pose as Juliet, but not nearly as cool :-) but the background is just as lovely :-)
nothing like having shoes and camera cases in the foreground :-)

Juliet catching some rays

I'm pretty sure that's me.  I don't know why it's so blurry.

another gorgeous shot of the beautiful view in Hawaii -- the beach and ocean don't look bad either :-)

I'm thinking this is Waikiki Beach.  Or maybe ala moana?  Am I right, Juliet?

Regardless of where it is, Grandma Wall was right, wasn't she?  :-)

Juliet doing the same pose as me in the previous photo. 

Juliet -- Diamondhead in the background

same pose as Juliet above, diamond head in the background.  I think this was Waikiki.
I have no idea what this is. is this even Hawaii?

I think that's me standing in the middle.

another beautiful shot in Hawaii -- once again the landscape looks pretty good too :-)

did we already see this picture?

I think this might be the same picture as above with diamond head in the background.
but I would hate to disappoint Grandma Wall by not including this picture.  :-)

I could use some lessons in posing properly. but nevertheless, another gorgeous Hawaiian beach picture.

  Looks like we have the whole beach to ourselves again.  At least from this angle :-)

I don't know if this is the same beach as above, facing the other direction.  Juliet's pose is much better than mine :-)

why didn't I stop and pose like Juliet in the picture below?  :-)

Juliet


Juliet



I think I'm standing by the signs that say dangerous surf or sharks or something.Warning people to stay out of the water.

hey here's a picture without anybody in it.

I'm not sure who this is.  Probably me.  I'm guessing.  Juliet didn't tend to go into the waters much as I did.

I think this is me again.


so there's all of my beach pictures from Hawaii :-)

I think we better do the Hawaii Temple pictures tomorrow to counteract these heathenic pictures :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment