Friday, March 7, 2014

Hawaii Trip -- Pearl Harbor

this post will chronicle my trip to Pearl Harbor.

This was pretty cool too. as I recall, you start out watching a historical film about Pearl Harbor in a small movie theater.  Then you get on a boat and take a trip out to the Arizona Memorial.  It's definitely not the funnest experience you will have in Hawaii, but it is well worth your time.

actually, I think this picture is out of place.  Apparently I'm wearing a different shirt than in all of the other pictures.  I'm not sure where this is.  But it is somewhere in Hawaii.  :-)
needless to say it's a lovely self-portrait :-)
these pictures are out of order also , but I believe this is part of the USS Arizona.  That is sticking up out of the water.  I wish I could remember the details, but it's been too long.

this is the view from the boat as they were heading to the memorial.

another view from the boat going to see the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor



proof of purchase that I was there :-)
this is me standing in front of the list of names of all the men who died at Pearl Harbor.  This is actually inside that structure you see that they built over the sunken Arizona.


I don't really have much to say about this because I don't remember the details.

I guess most of these pictures will have to be self-explanatory.





proof of purchase that Juliet was there :-)

Juliet again
this must be in front of the USS bowfin-- which I'm sorry to say I don't remember anything about. Except that it is at Pearl Harbor.
a lovely photographic composition of Juliet and me standing in front of the USS Bowfin at Pearl Harbor :-) 

next up, let's go to the beach!  :-)


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have gone to see all that when I was there. Maybe I will watch Pearl Harbor today while I clean- in honor of those who died at Pearl Harbor that December morning. That is a long list of names at that memorial.
    It's hard to believe that the people who died on the USS Arizona are still in there, buried in that ship.

    ReplyDelete