Monday, March 10, 2014

Hawaii Trip -- Dole Pineapple Plantation

If I remember correctly, we stopped at this Dole pineapple plantation on our way to or from Pearl Harbor.

It was cool to see all the pineapple growing in seemingly endless fields.

The best part about this blog post will be all of the crazy props.

me standing in a small pineapple patch presumably there for photographic purposes :-)

Notice the big tractor in the background that works the actual pineapple fields.
me trying to copy the girl behind me.

okay, here come the crazy props :-)

I don't know why I put my face in the boy prop. when there was a girl version right next to it.  More than anything it's seeing my whole body in plain view behind the prop that matters :-)


this one's just too crazy man.  I think my real body would have looked better than this prop.  They aren't of the highest quality design.:-(


Juliet by the cute Dole pineapple man

me, by the same cute pineapple man.

This was obviously a different day, because I'm dressed differently.  This was inside the pineapple processing plant.  The coolest thing about this was that they had a drinking fountain that produced pineapple juice instead of water.  It was the most awesome thing!  It looked just like a water fountain but it was pineapple juice!  That's pretty much all I remember about that place was the awesome pineapple juice fountain.

I don't know why we wasted so much film on these crazy prop pictures.
they turned out horrible.

another horrible picture

this one is a little cuter.

this one is horrible too.  :-(

this is obviously a different day. looks like one of our running/beach days.  I don't know where this was taken.

you'd think they could have hired a better artist.  :-) But hey, I look pretty good in this shot :-)

Next up, let's go back to the beach and go snorkeling in Hanauma Bay!

3 comments:

  1. I was laughing my neck off when you said you think your real body would have looked better than the prop because it's obviously true. Those were pretty crazy cut outs. Funny as heck.
    The pineapple juice water fountain sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple Fountain FanMay 22, 2023 at 8:42 AM

    I’ve stumbled upon your excellent collection of Hawaiian prop photographs thanks to your comment about the pineapple juice water fountain. Just out of curiosity, as I’m trying to determine what year they got rid of the fountain, what year was your visit? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either 1994 or 1995. That pineapple juice fountain was awesome! :-)

      Delete