Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hawaii Trip -- Hanauma Bay

one day Juliet and I rented mopeds so that we could go a little farther than what we could run in a day.

I wanted to go snorkeling in Hanauma Bay.  I think if we would have tried to run that it would be like running a marathon.  :-) Anyway, the mopeds were a blast!  We Went to Hanauma Bay and then I think afterwards we went to a bunch of different beaches around the island.

So this post will include all of the mopeds pictures and of course pictures of snorkeling at Hanauma Bay.  It seems like we might have bought one of those throwaway underwater cameras.  But I don't have any pictures of the cool fish In Hanauma Bay :-(.  Do you remember Juliet?

a spectacular view of the beautiful scenery -- and of Hawaii in the background :-)

I guess we were cruising some neighborhoods.  I don't remember this.

Juliet on her moped.  Is this perhaps the driveway to Hanauma Bay?

the same shot of me on my moped.  What's up with my hair?  This must have been after swimming in the ocean.
okay, it's obvious where this was taken.  :-)

I'm not sure this is the same shot as previous or slightly different.  I guess I will leave it in here anyway.  :-)

ditto.
 two/too cute sisters :-)

Juliet had the right idea, I should have left my sunglasses on.

I believe that is Hanauma Bay in the background.

What stands out to me in this picture is how white my shoulder is compared to Juliet's

Juliet with Hanauma Bay in the background.  Look at all the people!

me trying to look cool again :-), but not succeeding.

Check out the backpack :-)
here I am with my snorkeling gear on.  :-)

If you ever go to Hawaii, this is something you should definitely put on your to do list.  The fish are amazing!  Very colorful and so many of them!  They swim so close you could touch them.  In fact, it was a little bit scary being in there with all those fish surrounding you.  My favorite was a rainbow colored fish.  I have no idea what it was but it was so pretty.  I can still see a lot of those fish in my mind, even today.

This is definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

Juliet in her snorkeling gear at Hanauma Bay

me doing another one of my crazy poses.  Snorkeling gear intact :-)

okay, this was me -- the only way I know it's me is because of the green snorkeling gear, Juliet's was pink -- practicing snorkeling in the swimming pool at Juliet's apartment building.  Before going to Hanauma Bay.

We actually went and bought cheap snorkeling gear at Walgreens or ABC or something.

This was the first and only time I ever went snorkeling.  We really didn't need to practice, it comes pretty natural.

Juliet practicing snorkeling, as indicated by the pink snorkel :-)

I think that's Juliet in the black.  With her apartment building behind her.I can't remember which floor she lived on, but it was a very tall building.

and of course, another picture of me posing for the camera :-)

Next up, UH!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the waters at Makapuu being pretty fierce. I never got to go to Hanauma Bay either...man, come to think of it I didn't get to do much. No Pearl Harbor, No PCC, No Dole Tour, I didn't even get the chance to walk around the temple grounds...
    Guess I'll have to go back some time. :)
    Be glad you were white skinned and not super tanned because now you have young looking skin!

    ReplyDelete