Thursday, October 27, 2016

Mrs. Craven

In browsing the obituary section of the local paper where I grew up, I came a cross a name that looked familiar.  I wondered, could it be my kindergarten teacher?  They shared the same last name.  So I clicked on it to read the obituary and look at the picture.  Sure enough, it was my kindergarten teacher!  I was actually surprised that she was still alive because as a kindergartener I thought she was really old.  :-) In doing the math though, I realized she was about the same age I am now, if not a year or two younger, when she taught me.

Rue Ann Craven
Rue Ann Craven
January 17, 1932 - October 19, 2016
I don't really remember that much about Mrs. Craven-- except her name and a vague memory of what she looked like.  In fact the above picture is exactly how I remember her looking, except maybe a slightly younger face.  :-)  I did think she was a nice teacher.

Even though I don't remember her very well, her death kind of struck me.  Perhaps it was because she died the same day as my great uncle Ken.  RIP Mrs. Craven.



No comments:

Post a Comment