Friday, October 28, 2016

RIP Grandma Stone

We got a call this morning around 7:30 AM.  Lisa glanced at the caller ID and saw that it was at 707 area code and immediately said, "Grandma Stone died".  We knew she wasn't doing well and that she would probably be leaving mortality soon.

I don't know any details but from what I hear she died in her sleep last night.  Which is I think how all of us want to go, so that was a blessing. Now she is in the spirit world, no longer trapped in a frail body with a mind that long ago had deteriorated greatly from Alzheimer's disease.

I imagine that right now as I write this blog post that she is riding a horse through a beautiful meadow.

Grandma was always a true cowgirl.  She loved being on the ranch more than anything.  She could even play honky-tonk music by ear.

Here are a few photographs of her life through the years:




Lois Ferne Walker Stone
April 17, 1924 - October 28, 2016

Lois Ferne Walker And her brother Wilson Franklin Walker "Uncle Buck"
 
 Lois Ferne Walker Around 1927 or 1928

The next few pictures will be of Lois with her brother Buck:
Buck and Lois with a bull


All dressed up -- Lois and Buck


Minnie Edna Adams Walker with her daughter Lois Ferne Walker
Around 1929

Cowgirl Lois


Minnie Edna Adams Walker Valentine with her daughter Lois Ferne Walker

Lois and Newell

Lois Ferne Walker and Newell Elbert Stone
On their wedding day -- April 26, 1942

Lois & Newell

Grandma pregnant with my dad, 1946

The Newell and Lois Stone family
Around 1956
Mike, Linda, Newell, Lois, Tim, Ron


Grandma and Grandpa
model T Ford at the ranch

Grandma and Grandpa Stone through the Years





Me with Grandma and Grandpa Stone around 1972

Me with Grandma and Grandpa Stone May 25, 2001 right after my graduation from medical school.
I believe this was the last time I saw either of them.

RIP Grandma Stone!  God be with you till we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Man, you have a lot of great photos!
    No doubt Grandma is happy to be on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Mom so much, and will always cherish the time that I was able to spend with her. It is so difficult to accept that she has left this world, but knowing that she left it a better place than what it was before her arrival here makes it somewhat comforting. Mom was such a loving individual, and never said an unkind word of others. If only I could be a fraction of what my mother is, it would be a feather in my hat. What an awesome cowgirl she was, and a Rodeo Queen when she was a young girl. They broke the mold after Mom was born. RIP Mother.

    ReplyDelete