Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Praying Mantis

Just a glimpse into my life.  Last week on a sunny day I went outside to soak up some rays and get warm.  I went to my usual hot spot in the back of the house by the kitchen.

This is almost the exact scene that I saw:

A praying mantis on the brick right behind where I was going to park my chair.  I didn't think anything of it.  I turned myself around and tipped back to enjoy the sunshine and warmth.  I closed my eyes so that the sun wouldn't harm them.  And just relaxed.

A while later I felt something on my mouth and started blowing to get whatever it was off.  Then I started feeling legs crawling on my lips -- it was the praying mantis!  It could very well have been the exact one in the picture above.  Well, he eventually jumped off my face -- the blowing didn't seem to do much -- and onto my shoulder and then disappeared.  I didn't bother to turn around to try to find him.  I was just glad he decided to leave.  :-)

I just resumed enjoying the sunshine with my eyes closed.  It's a good thing I'm not scared of bugs.  Although I don't appreciate them crawling on my face.

That's my two cents.

1 comment: