Monday, January 10, 2022

My Pack -- Chief

Chief isn't my dog.  He is Lisa's dog.  But he's been a member of my pack since Lisa and Rex moved in to help care for Mom and me. 

Chief loves me.  He always wants me to go outside with him.  I don't know why because he has free rein to go wherever he wants outside.  But he will always come tell me he wants out.  Or sometimes he just comes and looks at me and waits.

I don't know if he thinks I'm protecting him or he is protecting me.  He will always come back every few minutes or look up at me from the field to make sure I'm still there.

Chief loves to go to the dog tree.  He likes to explore.  He likes to go in the coyote forest on our property.  He loves to hunt for moles, rabbits, snakes etc. and he gets real proud when he gets a kill.  He loves to drag up dead animal parts -- deer legs, elk antlers, etc. -- to the house to chew on and eat.  

Chief is a gentle, friendly dog whom everybody loves.


Chief was born January 1, 2019






Dad and Mom with puppy Chief.  This was probably spring 2019.  I think Lisa got Chief in April of 2019.  This would've been just months before Dad died.  Dad liked to give Chief all kinds of treats.

Calm surrender.  Calm submissive.


Chanelle with Chief and Honey.  Spring 2019 Orting, Washington


A photo of Chanelle was chief that I Photoshopped and put a new background.


Chief chewing on a Rawhide bone bigger than him.


I think Chief is chewing on a mole that he caught and killed.  He is a hunter, that boy.


Overlooking the property at 29029.  This is what all our dogs do.  They like to guard.  Although Chief doesn't protect, he's just friendly to everybody.


Playing ball with Chanelle.


Playing with Rex.


Chief, Richie, Lisa.  I love the look on Chief's face.


Playing with Chanelle in the snow.


At the veterinarian's office with Lisa.



This is how he looks usually when I'm out with him.  He loves to go explore in the coyote Forest.  This is where he usually hunts snakes.


Chief has pretty eyes like Samson.


Brandon, Cody, Chanelle, Dallas, Elijah with proud boy Chief in front.


"Hey Vern..."



Richie with Chief.  Chief looks like an upside down alligator in this picture.  :-)


"Arrooo roo roo."  Chief likes to talk.  It's the husky half of him.



Chief's favorite pastime.  Hunting moles in the field.  This is where he always looks up to make sure I'm still there.  If I leave and he can't see me, he comes running back to the house.


Photogenic boy.


Richie and Chief lounging at 29029.


Chanelle with her baby boy.



Love Chief's face in this photo.  Chanelle is cute too.  :-)



Love.  Richie hugging Chief.  


Chanelle playing tug-of-war with Chief's gigantic Rawhide bone.



Chief loves to lick my nose and mouth, and ears and neck.




This is the most hilarious picture.  I laugh so hard every time I see it.  It looks like Chief is being fierce.  I had no idea he was showing his teeth.  He never growled or anything.  He was just being happy and licking my mouth and nose.  Cesar would probably scold me for letting Chief claim me.

This is so funny because Chief is the most gentle dog in the world.  Everybody loves him because he's so friendly and nice to everyone.


A close-up of Chief's signature behavior.



Claiming the dirt hill just like Samson did.


Riding in the car.  Chief looks like a bobble head in this photo.


Chief looking regal.

Chief is half Siberian Husky and half Catahoula Leopard Dog.  Here are pictures of his parents:



Chief's dad with Klancy. He is a Siberian Husky.


Chief's mom with Klancy.  She is a Catahoula leopard dog.  Klancy irresponsibly let his dogs breed and Chief was a result in the first litter.


Chief just turned three years old.  He is now an adult dog.

I learned from Cesar that middle of the pack puppies are the happy-go-lucky dogs.  I'm pretty sure Chief was middle of the pack because he is happy-go-lucky.  

Chief is a sweet, friendly dog who loves everybody.  And everybody loves him.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. He was such a cute, fluffy puppy. What a handsome boy he is. Such a good dog and so gentle with everyone.
    Everyone loves Chief.

    ReplyDelete