Tuesday, January 11, 2022

My Pack -- Chief and Rose

Rose joined our pack when Richie moved in about nine months ago.  Rose is Richie's German shepherd.  She has stayed with us before when Richie asks Lisa to watch her while he goes out of town.  So she was kind of already a member of the pack before she moved here.  Rose is a sweet girl.  She and Chief like to play.  They are both about the same size -- Rose is just slightly bigger -- so they are pretty evenly matched in running and playing.  Rose is slightly younger than Chief by less than a year I think.

Both Chief and Rose like to display their incredible speed running around the property when they play.  They especially like to do this when I take them down to the dog tree.  It is usually Chief who takes off running and then Rose chases him.  They always run large circles, coming back to me, running past me, and continuing on their journey.  It's fun to watch.  They are both very fast.

Eventually they tire out and usually come lay under the dog tree by me.  They also like to explore the coyote forest and Charlie's property (our neighbor).  They both always look back or come back to me, every once in a while, to make sure I'm still there.  Rose is better about this than Chief.  Rose will listen when I tell her to stay home or to not go under the fence.  She will come back to me and wait.  Chief, not so much.  Chief usually only listens to me when I start going back to the house.  Then he will follow.  I guess he doesn't respect me like Rose does.

Chief and Rose don't spend a lot of time together.  But when they do, they have fun.



Chief and Rose in the backyard at 29029.  Graham, Washington


Chief and Rose cooling off under Rex's truck.


Rose and Chief looking in the back door for humans.  They both love being with their pack.


Playing.



So cute.


More playtime.




Rose loves to play catch.  She likes to carry around frisbees and balls.


I didn't have any pictures of me with my current pack -- Chief and Rose.  So, a week or two ago, I asked Lisa to take a picture of me with them.   This was during our latest snowfall.  Rose, Tammy, Chief.


Chief and Rose both love the snow. 


I like to call them Chiefypooh and Rosypooh.  They are both good dogs.

That's my two cents.

1 comment: