Monday, January 3, 2022

My Pack -- Panda

Panda was the first female dog member of my pack.  She got her name because her face resembles a panda.  She loved going for walks with me.  I would usually take Duke and Panda down Orem Boulevard then over to Westmore elementary where I would let them off leash to romp around and play.

When I was home, they would come with me on the runs in the mountains usually.  Everyone else ran too fast.  :-) Panda could probably keep up with them but Duke, being a husky fella, preferred to go with the slower members of the pack.

Duke and Panda were inseparable.  They were litter mates and were always together.  Panda was quite photogenic.  She was a pretty girl.  What can I say, everyone in my pack is gorgeous.  :-)

I don't know where this phrase came from but we would say, "Dukester's a carpster.  Panda's a trout."  I'm sure it's something Michael made up.

So here are some pictures of my cute little trout.


Sitting pretty in 1991



Doesn't she look like a stuffed animal here?  So cute.


Chewing on a bone.  Mom in the background.



Panda in her prime.






Little fluffball all curled up.  So cute.




So attentive.





Panda carried herself very well.



Chilling on the couch.  May 12, 1995.


Very majestic.  Confident.



I love this photo of Panda.  She has wisdom in her eyes.



Looks like a panda hiding in the bushes.


Sweet little girl.



Panda and me dancing together.  1996.  Orem, Utah


Michael, stuffed dog, and Panda.  Not sure what they're doing.


Mom lounging in the backyard at 192 with baby Panda.  Mom is the one who wanted to get Panda.


Mom and me on the couch at 192.  Me holding Panda.  Notice the shirt I'm wearing.  A photograph of Tiger on the front of my shirt.


Michael and Panda


Looks like Panda is hunting the mice like Tiger used to.





Laying in my wheelchair van at 2208 in Puyallup, Washington.



2208.



Making herself cozy at BSS.  Probably around 2004.


Garage at 2208.  This is where Duke and Panda spent their golden years.


Like a lion in the grass.  :-)


Sitting on the stairs at 192.


Me holding Panda in 1991.  I was so happy to have a new pack member.


Living her best life.  Following the pack up the mountain.  Dad and Michael running up South Fork.

Panda died in March 2004.  Panda outlived Duke by less than a year.  She declined rapidly after we moved into the apartment at BSS.  I think she missed her best friend, Duke.  They were born together, lived together, and are buried together.

Rest in peace my dear friend.  Until we meet again.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. And we will never forget when Panda jumped clear across the living room at 192, onto Mom's lap on the couch- thinking she was a lap dog. :) It was hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete