Thursday, January 6, 2022

My Pack -- Coco

Coco technically wasn't in my pack.  She was my sister Lisa's dog.  But she was at our house a lot and she loved me.  For whatever reason Coco loved to follow me around and lay next to my wheelchair.  If I moved anywhere she would follow me.  Even if it was 90° outside and I went to the dog tree.  Her poor little mutant bulldog body couldn't breathe very easily so she couldn't walk very far without tiring.

She always breathed so loudly.  I would sometimes get irritated at how much noise she made breathing because it would mess up my voice activated software when I was trying to work on the computer.  Because she always laid under my feet.  But she was a sweet little girl.  I loved Coco.

Interestingly, Coco did not like most people.  But she loved me and our pack here (Mom, Dad and Samson).  She bit Michael on the kneecap one time.  The nephews were scared of her.  And I think all Lisa's kids have scars from Coco.  But she really was a sweet dog.  At least to me.  I think Coco could sense my calm assertive energy. :-)

I can't seem to find any picture files from 2003-2006 so I don't have very many photos of Coco.  I am not a big fan English Bulldogs because I think it's mean to breed mutants.  But for some reason my sisters prefer them.  

Lisa got Coco as a puppy in 2003 I believe.



2208 front lawn.  2003.










That look in her eye.

Coco playing tug-of-war with Samson at BSS.  Around 2004.



Coco and Chanelle







This is a T-shirt I designed for Lisa.

Coco lived a good life and died in 2012 or 2013.

RIP Coconut.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Best t-shirt design. Coco and I could relate. We were both misunderstood and misjudged. "This is my happy face" :)
    Chanelle is actually my only kid with a scar from Coco. She got it because she was lying of the floor and Coco was running and playing and ran across her face, leaving a cut below her eye. Dallas has the same scar from a time at the tennis courts. My kids grew up with Coco and it was one of the saddest days when she died.

    ReplyDelete