Tuesday, January 4, 2022

My Pack -- Suzy Q

Suzy appeared on the doorstep at 192 one day.  I believe it was after my mission around 1994.   Mom said they thought it was the next-door neighbor's dog and took her over there.  But she kept coming back to 192.  So they kept her.  Duke and Panda were still around so it was a pack of three dogs in the small 192 duplex apartment.



Suzy on the doorstep at 192 just like they found her.  Mom named her Suzy Q after the song.  Mom always liked the name Suzie.  She almost named Juliet that.

For some reason I have more pictures of me with Suzy than any other dog in my pack.  I don't know why because Suzy was probably my least favorite pack member.  Mostly because Suzy received preferential treatment from Dad.  While Duke and Panda were banished to the kitchen, Suzy had full reign of the house and Dad's lap.

Another reason why Suzy was my least favorite pack member is because I prefer big dogs to little dogs.

Nonetheless, I love all dogs.



Me and Suzy.  Christmas mid 90s.


From the looks of these photos, you would think Suzy was my favorite pack member.  



Suzy had nine lives like a cat.  One time she jumped out of the truck landed on the bumper and rode there until someone figured it out.

Another time Suzy got hit by a car on Orem Blvd. and slid on the ice to safety.


A good-looking pack!  :-)  Suzy, me, and Juliet.  Around 1995.


Suzy in her usual resting place -- Dad's lap.  "I gotta get up".  Suzy would jump up when Dad said that.  Dad would call Suzy Q bops after some equipment at Geneva Steel where he worked.





Michael didn't care for Suzy.  She knew it.  She would always leave him a present outside of his room.



I remember going running in the snow with Suzy wearing this sweater.  It was covered in snow balls when we got done.


Proof that Suzy was a pack member by Christmas 1994.  I think that's me in the white pants.




We were not sure what breed Suzy was.  Some kind of wire haired terrier.


I believe that Suzy made the trek to Washington with Mom and Dad in 2002, along with Duke and Panda.  Suzy Q's nine lives ran out in the parking lot at BSS one fateful day when she jumped out of Dad's truck and hanged herself.

Washington wasn't very kind to the Utah pack transplants.

RIP Beetleeeeee.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I loved Q bops!! :) fun looking at all the dogs pictures! I loved all our dogs!! Believe it or not! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy was a scruffy little thing. Spoiled.
    Beet-a-leet-a-leet-a-lee!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete