Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday School Handout -- The Fall of Adam

Today Lisa and I taught our Sunday School class about the fall of Adam.  Our lesson was Genesis 3-4, Moses 4-5. 

There is so much doctrine found in these few scriptures.  I am so grateful for additional scriptures and modern-day prophets to clarify the doctrine of the fall of Adam.  The Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price give much more insight into the Creation and Fall than is found in the book of Genesis.

Most other religions vilify Eve and Adam because of their transgression in partaking of the forbidden fruit.  But we know that Adam and Eve's transgression and subsequent fall were necessary steps in God's plan.

"We and all mankind are forever blessed because of Eve’s great courage and wisdom. By partaking of the fruit first, she did what needed to be done. Adam was wise enough to do likewise."  -- Elder Russell M. Nelson, "Constancy Amid Change", October 1993 General Conference

I am grateful for Adam and Eve and their courage to make the choice which made it possible for us to come to mortality, receive a body, be tested and prove ourselves so that we can progress towards becoming more like our Heavenly Father.

There is so much more I could say about the fall of Adam but I'm kind of burned out on blogging right now.  So I'm just going to attach the handout I made  for our lesson today.  We attached an Almond Joy candy bar.  :-)

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment