Wednesday, January 5, 2022

My Pack -- Duke, Panda, and Suzy

Duke, Panda, and Suzy were part of our family's pack for about a decade together. ~1994-2004.  They all died within a year or two of each other.  I can't remember exactly but they all died shortly after moving to Washington.  I guess it just couldn't compare to the paradise they had in Utah.

They were a well-balanced pack.  They all got along -- even though Suzy was spoiled.  They liked going to the mountains to run.


I actually remember this quite well.  It was probably late 1990s.  It was Dad, Michael, me, Duke, Panda, and Suzy.  I believe it was fall and we drove up to South Fork.  Dad & Michael went on a run.  I went on a hike with the pack.  I remember bringing my camera to take photos.  Look at those obedient dogs listening to their pack leader.  :-)


After our hike up South Fork all three dogs drinking water in the back of Dad's truck.  Suzy, Duke, Panda.


Suzy, Duke, Panda with Dad.  I'm not sure which trail this is -- The Grizzly?  


This is more a picture of Dad cutting down a tree at 192.  But it was in the dog file so I'm including it.  :-)


Duke and Suzy patiently waiting for me to give them some of my food.


Duke, Suzy, & Panda all respectfully waiting for me to give them some food.  Michael in the background.  192.


The pack with their rawhide bones on Christmas 1994.


Suzy and Duke.  Christmas 1994.


Panda, Duke, Suzy on the stairs at 192.


Suzy and Duke with Mom and Dad in the living room at 192.  December 30, 1996.


Suzy, Duke, and Panda waiting for Mom to give them food.  November 7, 1996 


Duke, Panda, and Suzy with me and Juliet.  Looks like we're ready to go for a run.  July 4, 1995.  Somewhere in the mountains of Utah.


Michael, me, and Lisa with Panda, Suzy, and Duke in the backyard at 192.


Poor Duke got cut off in this photo.  Looks like he's sitting like a good boy for his portrait.  Dad holding Suzy.  Panda posing ready for her close-up.  :-)


Michael, Lisa, Juliet with Panda, Duke, and Suzy.  Ready for a run in the cold Utah winter.


Quite possibly the best looking pack in the history of mankind.  :-)  Juliet and Suzy -- hilarious.  Lisa with Panda and me with Duke.  I love how Panda is doing party stance.


Me on the far left, Michael, Duke, and Panda hiking in the Utah mountains in the fall.  Late 90s.


This photo looks dangerous.  Looks like we're all about to fall to our death.  Funny thing is, I don't even know if that's me or Juliet.  I think it's probably me because I'm the one who would bring my camera to take pictures.  Probably self timer.  Pretty well behaved dogs to pose for the picture.

Me (or Juliet), Michael, Dad and Suzy on the ledge.  Mom, Panda, Duke in front.  Overlooking Utah Valley.  Utah Lake in the background.  Late 1990s.


Me with my pack.  Panda, Duke, Tammy, Suzy.  Backyard at 192.  Orem, Utah  Mid-1990s.


Me with my pack at Southfork.  I think I set my camera on a fence post and did self timer.  That's why the dogs aren't paying attention.




I have great memories of this pack.  Duke, Panda, and Suzy all lived long, happy, balanced lives.  I know they are all with Dad now in heaven happily reunited as a pack.

RIP my friends.  Until we meet again.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. That's Juliet in the one picture-- up Squaw Peak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I can't tell if that is me or you either! Ha HA! Genetics run strong with us! Dang, those are good memories of us running with Dad in the best UTAH mountains!! Love those pictures! Miss those dang dogs!

    ReplyDelete